Wimbledon 2010 Facts
June 2010 was a great month for Tennis, courtesy of Wimbeldon. We look at some little known facts about the 13 days of tennis, sunshine and strawberries and cream.
- “New Balls please!” – the players served and volleyed their way through a phenomenal 54,250 tennis balls during the 13 day period of Wimbledon 2010.
- Her Majesty the Queen turned up to watch proceedings- for the first time in 33 years!
- The World Cup was a complete disaster for England, so tennis fans and TV viewers remained enthralled by the back and forth of the Wimbledon Championships
- MASSIVE Turnout – 489,948 fans watched 13 days of tennis (the second largest tennis turnout ever)
- Men’s final Viewers – the men’s final had the 2nd largest audience in history – with a recorded 6.8 million people watching the finals between Rafhael Nadal and Tomas Berdych on TV.